Submit resumes to: email@example.com
Reporting to the Controller, this position will manage the core accounting team and all government contracts and grants administration to ensure stewardship of all financial resources of Davis Street. This role is responsible for billing and tracking government contracts/foundation grants, overseeing all general ledger accounting, reconciling accounts within deadlines and on a schedule, conducting routine and ad hoc financial planning and budget analyses, understanding and communicating variances to the Controller, documenting processes and improve workflows, summarizing financial data from 4 programs and driving the month end closing process, and overseeing entire payroll administration.
· Review and post all journal entries, monitor and allocate joint personnel cost accurately, and regular reconciliation of the balance sheet and all grant tracking.
· Review and post billing entries and monitor timely collections of contracts and grants billings
· Review billings due on or before the 5th of each month and submit for approval
· Compile and organize renewal budgets and ensure proper documentation and requisites are obtained and submitted promptly, consistent with compliance calendar
· Coordinate kick-off meeting when responding to request for proposal and funding approvals
· Review cash flow projections with estimates of contract and grant inflows
· Monitor and measure if the contracts are on target, and create and maintain a calendar of contract renewals, billing and reporting
· Work closely with APP/CalWORKS, CSPP/CCTR and private childcare center projections.
· Work closely with the financial analyst of Davis Street Primary Care Clinic
· Oversee and manage all payroll processes, manage ad-hoc projects, lead all financial audits
· Meet with Controller at least monthly to discuss performances, cost analysis, productivity, utilizations, trends and projections
· Partner to the Controller on all financial reporting, analysis and budgeting
· Provide supervision and support and learning tools/performance improvements to accounting staff and program management. Constantly contribute to improve on efficiencies and internal controls.
· Attend trainings and conferences to meet funding requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CMA designation is a plus
· Minimum of five years’ experience of progressive accounting and proficient knowledge of Accounting applications, preferably MIP Fund Accounting, and medical billing apps such as eClinicalworks
· Proficiency in Excel, graphs, statistical analyses and financial planning and analyses
· Supervisory experience, problem-solving qualities, thorough work quality and ethic
· Must be willing to accept challenges, adaptable to change, enthusiastic and be motivated to work in a culturally diverse workplace
· Experience in state, county and city contracts, private funding and healthcare/non-profit accounting is a plus