CHILDREN’S SERVICES DIRECTOR
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
Manage overall administration of the Davis Street’s Child Development Centers and Payment programs, including the CDE funded contracts, such as CAPP, C2AP, C3AP, SSA CAPP, CSPP, CCTR, CACFP, Family Friends and Neighbors (FFN) as well as the private pay child care programs. This position provides training, support and supervision of the APP/Children’s Services Manager, the Associate Director for Child Care and support staff.
• Oversee program and administration of budgets, contracts and grants, including APP/CalWORKs, SSA CAPP, CSPP, CCTR, First 5 Family Friends and Neighbors (FFN) as well as private pay programs
• Responsible for overall preparation of CDE reviews, including Alternative Payment Monitoring Unit (GAU) and Center based (CSPP & CCTR) reviews, submittal and follow up with potential fraud related concerns to Alameda County D.A.’s office for investigation.
• Develop appropriate staff trainings related to program compliance, monthly reporting responsibilities, including Board and CalWORKs Caseload Reports, monitoring of CDE APP/CalWORKs and Center based contract earnings.
• Ensure compliance of CDE and CCL regulations and related Davis Street policies and procedures.
• Supervise, train and evaluate program leadership and support staff.
• Interface with fiscal department regarding budgets, provider payments projections, contract earnings and fiscal reporting as needed, plan, development and oversee the implementation of additional child development programs to be operated by Davis Street.
• Work diplomatically and collaboratively across the organization and in the community to advance initiatives and achieve goals.
• Advocate on behalf of young children, their families and the programs.
• Attend Executive Team meetings, Board and agency wide staff meetings, and child care program related meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned to meet program and organization needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
• 3-5 years related work experience at a manager/director level
• Experience with oversight of APP, CalWORKs, CSPP, CCTR, and private child development programs
• Possession of a current CDE Child Development Program Direct permit.
• Must have knowledge of California Department of Education (CDE) and Community Care Licensing (CCL) regulations, including Title 5 (CDE) and Title 22 (CCL).
• Superior communication skills; strong ability to develop written correspondences and interact with individuals at every level of the organization.
• Skills in strategic planning, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, conflict resolution and facilitation.
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills, detailed oriented with follow through on assignments in a timely manner, and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Experience developing and monitoring budgets with multiple CDE and First Five funding sources.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholder concerns and navigate the emotional climate of child care programs.
• The ability to define program problems, gather data to generate solutions, and effectively implement solutions.
• Ability producing written correspondence, reports, and presentations utilizing MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and other database software.
• Must clear background check and receive a fingerprint clearance.