- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow-up procedures
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, blood work, and interprets test results
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations, injections, and managing infection
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with medical director concerning appropriate treatment
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients and records progress
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations
- Provides health education regarding health maintenance in such areas as chronic disease, reproductive health, etc.
- Prescreens cases requiring review by the CMO or Medical Director
- Participates in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings as needed;
- Participates in the program's ongoing quality assurance monitoring
- Other duties as assigned
- Current California Nurse Practitioner and DEA license
- 3+ years related clinical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and EMR software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men, women and children
- Commitment to the mission and values of Davis Street
Stay up-to-date with our monthly newsletter!
Davis Street is busy with many upcoming events and benefits for our community all year round.Please stay tuned and get our latest news, health and wellness updates, and more.