Site Supervisor – Re-Opening of Child Development Centers
- Provide training, support and direction to staff and oversee the special projects and social services benefiting children and families through on-going Davis Street programs
- Works in classrooms as a teacher on an as needed basis
- Supervise, train and monitor teachers to ensure quality teaching and appropriate child interactions.
- Provide for adequate enrollment to ensure operating costs remain within budget projections
- Ensure all children are developmentally assessed and that an educational plan is developed and implemented with age appropriate curriculum that meets the individual needs of the children enrolled
- Maintain Title 22 Health and Safety Standards in Davis Street Center Program
- Conducts annual staff evaluations and merit reviews
- Participate in community outreach and Davis Street special events.
- Implement and maintain State licensing regulations for the Center; and participate in audits as necessary.
- Ensures center, rooms and play areas are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition
- Oversees implementation of daily food program to meet children's nutritional needs
- Maintains appropriate staff level to accommodate child enrollment in the program in accordance with regulations
- Provides information to parents concerning their children's development, abilities, and areas of concern; explains program procedures and classroom activities as requested.
- Monitors family enrollment to ensure reporting procedures for child attendance and fiscal information accurate as needed.
- Oversees parent - teacher conferences in accordance with program regulations.
- Advises parents on additional agency services and provides referrals to outside services as needed and identified
- Reports incidents of suspected child abuse to proper authorities.
- Plans and coordinate's staff meetings to promote ongoing staff development and communication
- Other duties as assigned
- AA or BA in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or a related field
- Current Site Supervisor Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- 1+ years related work experience
- CPR / First Aid certification
- Flexible, organized and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills to interact with staff, children and families
Stay up-to-date with our monthly newsletter!
Davis Street is busy with many upcoming events and benefits for our community all year round.Please stay tuned and get our latest news, health and wellness updates, and more.