- Performs selected patient care duties
- Prepares patients for treatment, including reading medical history, taking vital signs and performing required testing
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by Nurse Manager, Nurse Practitioner or physicians including but not limited to PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean before and after appointments
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by the provider
- Performs all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Effective communication with Patients, Medical Providers and other Administrative staff members
- Ability to efficiently and effectively function with other MA's in a fast-paced, stressful environment while delivering high customer service and high quality of work
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Ability to efficiently and effectively conduct all clinic MA Front Office duties and MA Back Office duties with the flexibility to move between the two any given day
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant Training Program, Certified MA preferred
- Current CPR / BLS certification
- At least 2 years of experience in clinical setting as a Medical Assistant
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suites [Word/Excel/Outlook], EMR and electronic billing
Stay up-to-date with our monthly newsletter!
Davis Street is busy with many upcoming events and benefits for our community all year round.Please stay tuned and get our latest news, health and wellness updates, and more.